Thursday 27 November 2014

SOMEBODY MAKE THESE!!!!!!!

Excuse the shouting!

Last month Wargames Illustrated advertised an Osprey book concerning Steampunk Military.  I was going to buy the hardcopy but noticed that Amazon was punting the kindle version for £0.99. 

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00N4TDS4O/ref=docs-os-doi_0

With the breaking strain of a soggy kit kat, I pressed buy and had the book in my mitts in seconds...

The photos below are from the Great Britain section and all I can say is...

I want an armoured steam punk Scotsman...with an HMG gun arm but most of all...built in bag pipes!!
 
Note, these cavalry also have exploding lances.
 

 
Royal Engineers

 
Royal Marine underwater assault.

 
 

6 comments:

  1. Wow!

    I didn't know Osprey indulged in such silliness...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. osprey have been branching out recently. There is the In Her Majesty's Name series that has bands of adventurers fighting in the Victorian Era, A Fistful of Kung Fu inspired by Oriental action movies amongst others. They are backed up by a range of miniatures from North Star:

      http://www.northstarfigures.com/list.php?man=148&page=1

      Delete
  2. The author of this is a fellow gamer and blogger. His (Joe5mc) blog is here: http://therenaissancetroll.blogspot.com.au/search?updated-max=2014-10-13T06:13:00-07:00&max-results=7
    I also have one of his other books - Zombies: A Hunter's Guide - I love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, that's another blog to keep an eye on.

      Delete